Wednesday, October 19, 2011

GSU vs SCSU 2011




GSU vs SCSU 2011




I'd like to introduce Guest Blogger,

Amanda Scott, who photographed and 

commented on the GSU vs. SCSU 


Game that I missed!






As a GSU Alumna and Lifetime Georgia State University Alumni 

Association member, everything is Blue and White for Amanda Scott, 

Guest Blogger. She sports blue hair extensions, and drives the blue 

PantherMobile! Amanda is a Panther Athletic Club Gold Donor, 

President's Society Legacy Circle Member, Heritage Society Member, 

and Society Partners Circle Member. She supports the Spirit Program, 

and is a season ticket holder for four GSU Sports!







The Trip That Turned Out to Be More Than Just

The Opportunity to Support Georgia State Football

(Comments and Photos by Amanda Scott)



After packing The PantherMobile, I left Atlanta around 9:30am after 

picking up a student who wanted to attend the game. The drive to 

Orangeburg, South Carolina was approximately 4 hours. We need 

students at home games, but we also need them at our away games, so  

I will never turn away a student who wants to accompany me to an away

game! 



The weather was perfect! We quickly found our seats located on the first 

row in South Carolina State University’s reserved section. Unfortunately, 

there were not many Panther Fans present. Most fans sitting in the GSU 

section were parents of the players.  I did recognize a couple of faces 

proudly wearing their blue gear!





Our spirit groups were not present. The Jacksonville State game is the 



only away game that our spirit groups were scheduled to attend this 

season.  I missed the band, cheerleaders and Pantherettes, and Pounce.


For the first time this year, I can say I was proud of our team. The 

Panthers showed improvement on the field, especially defense.


Opinions of the game: Though some may disagree, with Drew Little out 

of the game, Kelton Hill shined over Bo Schlechter. After Bo’s 

performance playing Murray State and his performance during this game 

(interception at goal line), he is NOT the answer to the quarterback chaos 

we are facing.  Donald Russell was a star, scoring a nine yard touchdown 
 
in the third quarter, putting GSU back in the lead.  Clearly, our offense 

needs work. Though we ultimately lost to GCSU 23-13, I witnessed 

improvement from the defense.  
 

After the game, Bill Curry loaded the bus and I had a chance to speak 

with him alone. It is a moment I will never forget. I looked him in the eyes 

and said, “Bill, I just want to tell you how proud I am of the team today. I 

saw improvement from the guys and though we lost, I am not walking 

away embarrassed.”  Tears started to fill his eyes as he softly responded, 

“Thank you so much Amanda, we still have a long way to go.” I could see 

the exhaustion in his face.  I could feel his pain. And for the first time this 

season, I didn't have that gloomy feeling in the pit of my stomach, 

wondering if the football program will survive! 



Thank you Bill Curry.





Homecoming—Here We Come!! Go Panthers.




PLEASE LIKE GSU PANTHER MAMA ON FACEBOOK! THANKS! 


2 comments:

  1. Love it. This really puts things into perspective realistically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice commentary Amanda!!!!

    ReplyDelete